I have personally tested these chocolate lava cupcakes; and, trust me, I could not recommend them any more!
Since I come from an Irish family, I'll be celebrating this St. Patrick's Day with a corned beef dinner followed by a peppermint version of this recipe. Just use our peppermint baking drops for the perfect amount of mint in every chocolatey bite!
Chocolate Lava Cupcakes Recipe
1 stick butter
1 1/4 c powdered sugar
2 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
110 grams Maui Ku'ia Chocolate (110 drops or 22 squares)
1. Preheat oven to 425 °F and grease cupcake pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together (stirring continuously over low heat or in the microwave for about 1 min)
3. When chocolate and butter are well mixed, mix in sugar.
4. Mix in eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla.
5. Stir in flour and mix.
6. Divide among 8 cupcake wells.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let sit for 1 minute. Then serve with ice cream.