When it comes to Super Bowl snacks, we don't mess around– and neither should you!
So don't forget to get out some of your favorite chocolate flavors, mix some baking drops into your snack mix, or use some cacao mass for a nice brisket rub. Either way, you can't go wrong!
IN STORE ONLY!
*Available this weekend in store only
– THIS SUNDAY –
PLUS: This Sunday, Gunars will be hosting three live tutorials for anyone who would like to stop by the chocolate factory! It's fun, delicious, and free.
Join us this Sunday to learn how Gunars does the following:
10:00 am Make lilikoi chocolate mousse
11:30 am Make chocolate sauce and shakes
1:00 pm Temper and mold chocolate
Each tutorial will take place on the second floor of the chocolate factory in our open air pavilion.
It's a great activity to do before watching the big game! Not a fan of football? Say hello to a great alternative activity!
Chocolate & Beer?
Recommended Maui Chocolate and Drink Pairings
*Always choose a beverage that is served at room temperature or slightly warmer (i.e. coffee)
*Always sip then take a bite, or take a bite then sip; follow the taste with the pairing.
WINE & CHOCOLATE PAIRING GUIDELINES
- Low to very low acid wines
- Low to very low tannin wines
- PLUSH, SOFT & FRUIT FORWARD wines recommended
- RED WINES BETTER SUITED VS WHITE, ROSÉ OR MOST SPARKLING WINES
- NOT IDEAL: Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Carbernet Sauvignon and Nebbiolo are generally not ideal to pair with chocolate due to their acid and/or tannin structure.
IDEAL RED WINES
- Zinfandel-based blends
- Corvina & Valpolicella blends (i.e. Amarone)
- Merlot & Vintage Bordeaux blends
- Gamay (Beaujolais)
- Lambrusco (sparking semi sweet red wine from Italy)
- Tawny Port (Colheita, 10 or 20 yr)
- Reserve/LBV/Vintage Port
- Ruby Port
- Sherry: Pedro Ximenez
- Madeira: Bual/Malmsey
- Oatmeal Stout
- Cafe Latte
Maui Ku'ia Suggested Pairings
- Morgon Vieilles Vignes Beaujolais (France): Dark Single Origin Chocolates (Maui Estate Dark, Wild Amazon Dark, Costa Esmeraldas, Ecuador Dark Unflavored)
- Maui Brew Co. Coconut Hiwa Porter (Maui, HI): Dark Milk Chocolate, Maui Grown Cappuccino Milk Chocolate
- Taylor Fladgate 20-yr Port (Oporto, Portugal): Dark Chocolate Flavors (Blood Orange, Mango, Guava, Calamansi, Lemongrass)
- Maui Wine "Mele" Red Blend (Maui, HI): Dark Blood Orange, Dark Mango, Dark Ecuador Unflavored, Dark Milk Maui
- Maui Wine "Lehua" Raspberry Wine (Maui, HI): Dark Maui Estate, Dark Ecuador Unflavored
- Casamigos Blanco Tequila (Jalisco, MX): Dark Mango, Dark Calamansi
- Bedrock Heritage Zinfandel Blend (Sonoma, CA): Dark Maui Estate, Dark Wild Amazon, Dark Blood Orange, Dark 2% Maui Mokka Coffee
- Cafe Latte: Dark or Dark Milk Peppermint
- UNUSUAL SUGGESTION: Maui Wine Hula or Maui Sparking Pineapple Wine (Maui, HI): Dark Milk Lemongrass, Dark Calamansi