I love the ease and delight of baked goods for breakfast, but the sweetness often overwhelms my stomach first thing in the morning. I prefer a European approach to morning pastries– a reliable staple to go with coffee or tea, with just a hint of sweetness.
This is why I love this chocolate muffin recipe. It's not a cupcake disguised as a muffin. It is truly a subtle dark chocolate muffin that hits the spot!
- 2 cups of flour (I use bread flour)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk (I used full fat)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- roughly 1 cup Ku'ia Dark Chocolate (flavor of choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and oil muffin pan
- In a medium bowl, mix four, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk eggs and coconut milk. Set aside.
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- In a double boiler (or microwave), melt coconut oil and dark chocolate and mix together.
- Add chocolate and oil mixture into the large bowl with other ingredients. Mix well.
- Scoop batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 20 min.